Saturday, March 28, 2009

Auditions.

One minute of my life. I was on stage for 60 seconds and then I was sitting back in my seat almost crying because I was so glad it was over. I did very well. I sang "What is this Feeling" from wicked. also known as "Loathing". I switched songs a few hours before I got in the car to go. but it was a good reason to switch. the one I was going to sing was "For Good" from wicked. it's a beautiful and powerful song, but it's slow. when you audition, sometimes it's better to sing a high energy song to get the jitters out of you when you get on stage. I'm really glad I switched. I had a blast. Loathing is a REALLY fun song to sing. you can just belt it and nobody even cares if you sound good. it's just a fun upbeat song and it's fun to listen to. I got on staged and I was scared to death, but I was having so much fun it didn't really matter. I got a few laughs out of the directors. My voice cracked a few times but I kept going. which is something I have a really hard time with. it was really a victory for me to ignore my mastaics and keep going. I think that was God. lol The dance audition was fun. it was hard, but fun. I never do very well on dance auditions. But I had fun and made it LOOK like I knew what I was doing.. hahahaha. :)
So yeah. Altogether it was a wonderful audition. I'm very proud of my self and I think I did a great job. I didn't get called back the next day, but that was alright. saturday night I got a call. I'm cast. and I am so so so happy. I'm just in the Chorus, but I don't care. I'm cast. one of CYT's motos is "there are no small parts, just small actors." It's going to be a amazing show and EVERYONE should come. they cast 110 kids. can you believe that?! 110 kids! usually they only cast 60 or 50. I don't think they've ever gone to 100 before. it's gonna be insain, but amazing and magical. I can't wait. so yes. GO BYE TICKETS!!!! www.cytspokane.com :)

No comments: