Thursday, July 10, 2008

Oh wow.. It's july.. *blink blink* when did that happen?

So here we are. We've reached the unbearably hot weather. Blaaah. I'm actually not having such a problem with it yet. I have air conditioning and a fan. Plus I get to go swimming every morning and when I get home I'm to tired to do anything but sit on the couch and read. So I've been keeping cool.
Speaking of swimming, It's crazy. I'm working my butt off. It is SO hard. Mostly we just do laps non stop. Sometimes we go down to the deep end and work on our dives a bit, but most of it is getting your strokes to perfection. Yesterday almost all the class was on diving. It is SO scary. We are trying to learn a Pike Dive? I think thats what it's called. I'm probably wrong. But gosh, it is so scary and hard to do. Yesterday I ended up doing a big scary belly flop. When I came back up, my teacher had a look of terrified shock and worry on her face. I laughed just because of that look. which, as I found out, is really hard to do while your treading water. haha! she just looked so scared for me. She's a really sweet lady. I love her. The rest of the rest of the day she, and the rest of my class was constantly asking me if I was ok and giving me hugs and stuff. It was pretty funny. It actually didn't hurt that much. I guess it looked worse then it felt. But hey, I got hugs! So it was worth it. :)
Today I really don't want to go to swim. I'm scared. I really don't want to do dives again. They are really scary. I like plain old diving. I just don't like fancy diving. Thats when it gets scary. Hopefully they will just make us do laps. Aww man I really don't want to do laps.... I just want to sleep. Tomorrow is the test day. They are testing us to find out if we can move on to the next level. I don't think I'm going to make it. It's ok if I don't though. It just means that I'll have to do it over again for another two weeks. It wont be bad. Or will it? *SIGH*
So yeah. I haven't been up to much. It's summer. Life is good.
I was kind of going crazy with the camera the other day. Taking pictures of random things. Such as my reflection in a window......


Isn't it cool? heehee


Call me crazy, but I thought this was pretty. :)


Guess who?


Pretty flower. I don't know what it's called. But it's cool!



Thats my little sister Maleny with David. Cute, huh?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I have read the Witch of Blackbird Pond. I LOVE IT!! Elizabeth George Speare always makes me cry. The name Susan Cooper rings a bell but I'm not sure why. What has she written?? I live about an 45 min. north of Spokane!! we go there for church, groceries, everything!!
Question on CYT: is Candy Kristovich still a board member??
I took acting lessons from her once.
She's awesome.
God bless you also.

~Kathryn

Anonymous said...

No, I've never seen that movie. It's TERRIBLE what they do to movies based on good books!!

Actually, Mrs. Kristovich taught a class at the 'homelink' here in Springdale, for three years, until she left two years ago. So, it's been awhile.

Two books I would recommend to you are Eragon, book 1 of the Inheritance Trilogy by Christopher Paolini . . . for that matter, you might as well read the whole trilogy. . . and Ella Enchanted, by Gail Carson Levine. I know for a fact that the author of Eragon cried during the premier of the movie because it was so bad.
Yeah, just don't see those movies.

~Kathryn

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we did it for a few years, but we stopped because the public school system kept making up new phony rules on using religious books, and on testing(at least in Springdale).
What did you think of Ella Enchanted? It isn't the best, but I liked it.
What is the Dark is Rising Sequence about??
God bless you.

~Kathryn

Kathryn said...

If you're crazy, I am too!
It's a beautiful picture!!