Saturday, June 28, 2008

Oh Spokane. I love you.



Spokane is an awesome crazy place. I love it. Today me and my friend Mara (and her dad. :D) went Downtown to go watch some Hoopfest. Wow. SO many people. They say it's the biggest Basketball festival in the world. I believe it. They pretty much close down Downtown and turn it in to about 500 or more basketball courts. Is that not amazing?! I have lived here all my life and yet, I have never been to Hoopfest before. Isn't that funny? We drive past it all the time, but we never actually watch anything. So today I went to it for the first time. And I was bewildered. It was really cool. It's amazing how many different personality's come to it. We saw a guy with a skirt, and a girl with a beard........ Awkward. :D It was crazy fun. I am having a really good weekend. It was funny. Yesterday, I went to Maras house thinking that we were going to hoopfest that day, and I got the day wrong and it ended up being today instead. SO I just hung out at her house for the day! But Oh my gosh I am so glad I got it wrong. we had such a blast. I haven't been able to hang out with her for so long. We keep seeing each other at shows and stuff, but we haven't just spent time together since last year. We had a really good time. It's amazing how god works things out like that. We really need to spend some time together. I doubt that we would have covered everything we needed to talk about just at hoopfest. we needed that day.
So yeah! life is good. Well, except that all my sisters are kind of stressed because they are trying to find colleges. But life is good other then that. I start my swimming stuff on Monday. Scary. I am a bit nervous. I hate first days. I'm always afraid I'm going to make a fool of my self. But I'll have to get over it. I'm sure it will be fine. :P
4th of July is coming up fast. I am getting excited! We are going to go up to our aunts house as usual. Its like, RIGHT next to a lake. So lots of swimming. YAY!
Bye for now.

No comments: