Monday, May 26, 2008

I asked for it....

I can't say I didn't. I was fully aware that I was going to be starting dress rehearsal for Beauty and the Beast RIGHT after Murder closed. It's not that I'm not enjoying my self. I am having a blast! But I haven't gotten enough sleep in a really long time. But I am really having a good time. My family has done so much to make everything work out so I can do these two plays. I am overwhelmingly thankful. But I can't say I don't miss those prayer times I used to have at night were I would journal and/or read and, in general, talk to god. I have been getting home at around 10:30 at night and actually getting in to bed at around 11:15. And then I have SO much to think about but I am so dead with exhaustion that I can't process it and journal. It's getting really annoying. I still talk to god right before I drift off to sleep, but Its not a very deep talk. Oh well. I guess I'll have to make up for it in the mornings.

Anyway. Dress rehearsal week was very rough and hard. I found out that the moms I work with on props are new, so they don't know very much at all. But the thing is that, because they are new and they don't know very much, they rely on me for a lot of things. I am also working with two other ten year olds that have never been on props before either. So I kind of have to be in charge. (And at this point, Cc runs away screaming.) I am really really bad at being a leader and being bossy and that kind of stuff. I am SO soft and I have a really hard time yelling at anyone. Not like I really need to yell at anyone, but you get the point. I'm afraid that if I am too firm, people will think of me as bossy and then something will happen. I don't know. I just really hate having to be in charge. But I guess I need to learn how. 'cause that skill will come in handy some day. Like when I become a mom. :)
We opened on Friday. It was awesome. Everything went very smoothly and it was just wonderful. We were all a bit nervous, but it was ok. I was mostly just really excited. So yeah! It was great and nothing went wrong as far as I know. Me and my older sister went to the opening night party at D'lish Hamburgers after the show. We got our self's a milk shake and sat with some of the coolest theater people I know and talked. So it was really fun.
On Saturday we had two shows. Need I say more? The first show was a little strange. Beast completely missed his que and so we skipped a bunch of dialogue and a song. (How Long Must This Go On) ????????? I guess he was goofing off back stage. Yicks. By the end of the first show, I was pretty much dead. Karen said I looked dead. And I felt like it too. But I had a few energy drinks and it was all good. :D The show went pretty well. nothing went wrong. Thank god. we were filming too.
So there you have it. that was my week. I had sunday and today off so I've had a bit of a break. tomorrow morning, we are doing schooldays. the call time is 8:00 AM so I better get to bed. I'll up date you later on this week.
Good night!
-Cc

No comments: