Wednesday, January 2, 2008

My reflections on 2007.

Well, 2007 is over. I can hardly believe it. Wow. This has been a big year for me.
In January my grandparents died so till about November we were trying to sell their estate. That was a HUGE project. We still have one or two things we have to sell.
From the middle of march to the beginning of may we were getting our floor refinished so we had to move every thing out and in again. Another really big project. And while that was going on, me and Clara were in Children's theaters Cinderella. Mom was also working on a paper she had to write for her school that she goes to three times a year in Pittsburgh, so we had to take care of my little brother while she studded. AND Karen was working on a retreat for the club she leads and that is always a hectic for us even if we are not getting our floor refinished! YICKS! But every thing turned out wonderfully and our floor looks very nice. So even if it was really hard, God worked it out.

In June I got my braces and I was attending my 5th level swimming lessons which I passed. This year I am going to start life guard training. I am very excited.
In July I started my first summer job. I read to three little 6 year old's for a half an hour or till they got tired. That sure went by fast! By the middle of August there was a argument between my mother and a little girls mother about how much I was getting a week and in the end, the other mom quit. I still read to the other two (one of which was my sister) for 2 more weeks before the other girl got tired of it and stopped coming.

I also was going to a VBS at the time. That was a BIG culture shock for me. It was as close to going to school that I have ever been. I found out what kids my age are doing now a days. It wasn't fun. But it was good for me because I was starting to think that I wanted to go to school because I didn't feel like I was doing anything with my life and I was kind of frustrated and then I went to that and it made me realize how lucky I am to be home schooled.
August was a wonderful month. Me and Davids Birthday Month. Always very busy but always VERY fun. This year especially because I made a very good friendship that I think I will have forever. Not a boyfriend! Just a good friend.
September was slow. All my older sisters went off to school so I stayed home a lot. But even then I was learning and growing. Being that there was only four people in the house for half of the day there was less noise in the house so I could talk to God more easily. It was nice. On the weekends I got to hang out with my cousins and watch Kendricks foot ball games.
December, God just wanted me to remember that even if things don't go the way we plan or if they have to be a little different then I am used to, it will turn out just fine if I put it in his hands and trust in him. That was one of the big themes in my year.
So that was the run down of my year. I also got to go to Silverwood for the first time in the summer. :D And throughout the year I was going to CYT (Christian youth theater) shows and had a blast at every one on them.
Altogether I feel very blessed to be alive and I believe that 2007s memories will be ones that I will cherish for ever.
Happy New year!

No comments: