Monday, January 28, 2008

SNOW!

I was going to post a picture of the beautiful snow but apparently my computer is freaking out and wont let me. dang.
Well, it's wonderful! There is about a foot of snow on the ground and more to come this week. All the schools closed today except Gonzaga and G prep. Even SFCC closed which is pretty much a miracle. So my sisters had a wonderful snowy day off except Dana who goes to Gonzaga. It was a very good day.

Me and my dad built the start of a snow fort yesterday. it was pretty much amazing. My Dad doesn't play in the snow with us very often so it was really special. We have a old photo of my three older sisters and my dad next to a snow fort that they built. I was only one or two at the time so I don't remember it. I used to look at it all the time and wish that dad would do that again. And then yesterday he did. We had a good time.
I've been reflecting a lot on my past winters. Maleny reminds me so much of me sometimes. And I remind my self of Clara a lot which isn't so much of good thing. I remember me and clara used to race out side bear foot on the first snow day to see who would be the "first brave one". The first brave one was the girl who would step in the snow without shoes first and stayed there the longest. It usually happened first thing in the morning. I got there first most of the time but Clara would run around the house so she won the "stay there the longest" part. Maleny usually gets up really late so we don't do that anymore. I would ALWAYS win other wise. When I was Maleny's age my sisters didn't go to school so I would usually wake up early on the first snow and wake everyone up with a loud "IT'S SNOWING!!!!!!!". One of my fondest memories. :D I got to do this again this year except it was night time so everyone was already awake. :P It was really fun.
Anyway! On New Years day we all drove up to my great Aunt Perky's house, about a half an hour past Deer Park, to go sledding. There was about 2 feet of snow and the hills were extremely steep. It was awesome. At first there was this nice little hill that was steep, but not too steep, and then at the end it dropped off to a VERY steep hill. It was SO scary. Karen went down it first thinking it was just the not too steep part and then all the sudden she disappeared. It was so funny and scary at the same time. But then we all went down it, including
the steep part, and had a blast. I felt like toad sledding down the hill. Good times. :)
Well, I can't think of anything else to say. This was a very pointless post and it probably didn't make any sense to anyone but me. But isn't that what blogs are for? :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SIGH yes. I do think that i may in fact be getting cabin fever from all this snow... i mean, i am so..... idk... PHWAH!!